Here’s what I plan to present the students with before we start. I will sprint them in large letters, put them in a frame and hang them on the wall.
1. You must have a purpose with what you write.
2. You must write from your heart but use your head.
3. You must be true to the genre in which you write.
4. You must publish what you write within the realms of Sister’s Academy.
5. You must follow Teacher Frehr’s directions during English classes.
6. You must let your writing speak for you – if it is to be performed or read aloud, you must let someone else do it.
7. You must do your best to make your writing worthy of reading.